Mary Goodmann said, “We started this endeavor in the spring of 2018 when we realized that foods we grew up eating and memory’s associated with them were being lost. We tried to capture everything from an all day affair of making ravioli to a quick meal put together by a single working mother with two hungry kids to feed.
“We have eight cultures represented and have recorded many family recipes that kept Martinez going and the wonderful stories that go along with them.”
Where you can purchase the cookbook
– Farmers market during month of September pre-orders
– 10/12 on sale at Shell clubhouse (home tour check in) 10-4
– 10/13 Open House at Martinez Museum 1-4
– Books can also be purchased at “I’ve Been Framed” starting 10-14, 10:00-5:00 411 Ferry st.
– “Natural Healing” starting 10-14, 11:00-5:30 1034 Court St. Free Christmas and Hanukkah gift wrap and other surprises!