MARTINEZ, Calif. – There is more than books and quiet at Martinez Library this summer.
We just added ancestry.com to our electronic resources so people can come in and research their family tree,” Serenity Dean, reference librarian remarked.
“…Have you heard that there are no library fines for late returned books at Contra Costa County Libraries ?”
Library guests can still read, write and research but there is more happening now for all ages.
– The NASA Ambassador’s presentation about Mars and the Space program last night is typical of the interesting guest speakers and events that can be found on the library website.
A sampling of events and programs is listed below. “There’s something for everyone at the Martinez Library,” Noell Burch, community library manager said. “Come check-out items, get a book recommendation from a Librarian, attend a program, or browse our digital resources online or at the library. Please come visit us today!”
– Harry Potter fans older than age-10 might want to go to the library today for books, CDs and DVDs, and a Harry Potter Magic Potion session. Janae Valerga will help kids make something slimy like Polyjuice, and more in this slimecastic potions class today at 3:30 p.m. Call 925- 646-9900 to reserve a space.
– Young readers will love going to the library for “Read to Halo,” therapy dogs will be there to listen to children read stories aloud on Sat., Aug. 3. 1:30 to 12:00 p.m.
– For kids ages, 5 to 11, Huddles Comedy for Kids is fun for kids and pretty funny for grandparents who want to spend time with them. The program is on Aug. 19, from 6:30 to 7:15.
– The Friends of the Martinez Library will have a Book Sale, Aug. 10, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00. It is a great place to buy a book at bargain prices.
– Every Tuesday at 10:15 a.m. in August guest Storytime readers will enchant children with books, songs fingerplays and fun.
– The summer continuation of the MUSD school lunch program for kids and the Summer Reading program where regular reading and participation in library activities can earn prizes is just wrapping up this week.
The Martinez Public library is located at 740 Court St, Martinez, CA 94553